Sunday, January 23, 2011

dad

This is my Dad.

This was taken some time in the 70's when I was a kid.

He had surgery on his back a couple weeks ago tomorrow. He's doing much better now and out of the hospital. I went to visit him in the hospital last weekend. He is so funny... With the nurses, he'd tease them and give them a hard time. He named his IV cart, 'Fred'. He'd take 'Fred' in the elevator and talk to him like he was a person. He went around the lobby offering strangers to see his blood for a dollar. I think he even made a couple of dollars ;). And, to top it off, when he had to sign out of his room, at one point he said he was going to Albertson's.

Last week I had MLK day off and Dad called me to see if I could take him to run a few errands. Of course, I was delighted to do so. We went by his house and he has this box of old photos that Kay, my dad's former wife and always my second Mom, had given him. This photo was in the box and I had to have it! OMG! (cue the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.)

Had to share!

Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment